Today Facebook began the roll out of the new look facebook pages. Im sure the new look and new functions will have some users in a spin but like any “upgrade” done by facebook it just takes time before the new functions are adapted as the norm. The changes to the page are as follows:
1. Timeline Design
- Right hand side column of the pages timeline become the point where all posts made by the page will flow. Exactly as it would in the orignal one column design.
- Left hand side column will now feature a static list that contains business information, maps, business hours, phone number, website, photos and videos posted by the page.
2. Admin Tool
- This new design allows for the users to access all ads that are currently running and track new likes from any screen, as well as read messages and notifications.
- Facebook has added a new navigation option to the top of the page, making it much easier for users to access there activity, insights and settings.
- The build audience menu is now located at the top of screen giving all users direct access to the Ads Manager.
3. Pages to Watch
- This new feature is found in the insights admin tool.
- pages to watch allows for the user to create a list of similar pages to their own, whether it competitors or other company pages to compare performances.
- The new “overview” tab will now feature ket stats about the pages that the page is watching.
- The “posts” tab now includes features to view the past weeks most engaging posts of the pages you are now watching.
Im usually not the biggest fan of all of facebooks changes but some of these change/ upgrades i really like. the fact that you can directly compare yourself to the competitor is a vital tool for business to wish to strive for perfection online. Having an insight into what the consumer wants wether it is seen through the competitors page or use its a very handy tool when executing your online strategy. Being able to track the competitor and see where they went right or wrong will allow for you to one up them on your next post.
These changing will make the online marketing game a little more interesting.